Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Release that Teaches

I has been struggling wiht waht i want to do wiht my skillz of speeds. Manee human mares i knoe don't necessarilies enjoy my speeds, and I has a hard time trying to has slow moves. Sumtimes I worrie about it so much I has sickness and tenshuns in my muscles.

My current partner has notices teh tenshuns. She has lots of other human mares to help her figure out waht to do, and I has feelings of loss during tihs time. Sick of waiting for somewon to get it right, i'd rahter not do anyhting at alls. I has memories of my past tries and tribulashuns, and I dun't know if I can do it anymores.

I saw her worries on her face, and saw her trying to tihnk of waht to do. She asks me, "Ernies waht do you want? waht is best? if you want to be in teh pasture forever, taht's okay. if yu want to just goes, tahts has rightness too- we all has understandings and yu deserve to be free."
I has time to tihnk about it. In teh meantime, we just spend times in teh arena. I has no halter or rope, and i just run. First i has nervousness abut it. No one wants teh speed of Ernies- maybee not even me. My partner decides to chase me. WaHT? I has more nervousness. She says "just goe, as fast as yu can!!" I tries, but i tihnk she really wants slow ernies. Stop chasing me!
Teh next time she tries again. I has nervousness. I hate trotting, I cannot tihnk when i trot. She asks for canter. I goes, and I looks at her. A few laps, she says again, "just goes, as fast as yu can!" I cannot goes. She asks again. I still cannot- i don't knowe waht will happen to mee- she may has anger. She asks again, OMG I goes!

She stops moving, stops chasing mee. She just stands in teh middle. She waits for me tu stop moving. I look at her wiht my head high, tehn my head low- waht just happened? I goe to see her in teh middle and she gives me a treat, pets me and says I has good-boy tendencies. She tells me to not be afraid of my speed- it is my best quality of alls.

And just wehn i tihnk we are done, we go teh other way. Tihs time i goes fast teh first time she asks. And tehn she just waits for me to come back down- it doesn't matter how long it takes- I always get a treat at teh end.

Tihs weird game happened for a few days. Each day it seems easier for me to use my speeds. And for some reason, I begins to has better feelings. My partner sees me on sun-day, and says we are gonna ride todays.

Really? We gets ready. Saddle, bridle. We goes in teh arena, and someone is taking pickshures. We do some moving, and by now i knows its ok to use my speeds with her.



Tehn she climbs on. OMG do I use speeds now? I can't I can't I can't. But I has want to. She just sits there and tells me its OK. I break into trots, she goes too. OMG I can't do it. We stop. She says ok, and start again. OK, goes. Teh speed picks up and suddenlies we are cantering, but OMG i has to buck a little, i can't do tihs wiht a rider. She says to try. We goes again, its easier to canter. Around and around we goes- I want so much speed but teh arena is too small. she helps me stay up with teh reins and teh leg- she says don't fall down! Okays.

And soon its over. OMG I did it! She says, yes, yu did, and gets off.

Teh video of teh riding part. I still has good looks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Ernie, you are SUCH a hottie. You look just great in your saddle with your partner - what a great team. She is a great rider. I think your have magnificent speeds. I have a question my faraway fantasy friend. Were you tossing your head for fun so much or for another reason. I just wondered what your opinion is about bits in the mouth. My sweetie Red is pretty ok with bits in the mouth, but what he REALLY loves is his Dr. Cook's BITLESS bridle. I always wonder about what horses prefer. I just learned about a newish kind a bit used by a cool guy who is friends to many horses. It is called a Rockin S Snaffle Bit
and the guy who is friends to many horses has it on his website. His name is Mark Rashid
http://www.markrashid.com/Bits.htm
I thought I might get one for Red to try.

Well Ernie, I'm going to go watch your beautiful speeds one more time. Your friend, Cherie