Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tehre's a Porcupine in teh Trailer!

Free longe, she says. I goes out, and i immediatelies canter. She waits, and waits and waits. I has a lot of cantering to do- I can do it!!! I has so much better feelings my legs feel so long and my steps are huge.

OMG I'm not even cantering, I has good trotting steps all by myself! I goe back to canters and my partner waits for me. Soon i go back to trottings and she cannot believe teh strides I make.
Tehn teh trailer comes. OMG, NOE! I has to run, and she lets me, go go go she says. No more getting in yur way. i goes. and soon, i realize no one else is running, and I stops.

We goes to teh trailer, and just stand tehre. i want to go in and out really fast, and my partner doesn't even look at me. I tihnk she fell asleep standing up. i want to pull on teh rope, but every time i pull, teh rope moves like a snake and i can't pull on it. I keep trying, and each time it comes alive. i move my feet in all directions, my partner is still asleep. but her hand gets longer and tells my belly to move over. Soon it stops and i face teh trailer. She looks in teh trailer, and i go see it too. It is dark by now, and I soon goes in. She says she doesn't care about it, she cares about out. I flies out. again and again- trying to find teh end of teh rope to pull on. And soon I just get tired and i walk out of teh trailer. she says good boy we go back into teh barn, and I has dinner.

Teh next day teh trailer shows up again when i has free longe time. Teh long rope comes out, and we go by teh trailer.I want to stand on teh side, my partner lets me for a bit. Ten she brings out teh stick and taps my belly so i move. I goe, but goe right back and want to pull. tehre is no resistance. tehn she asks for forward, and i say no! I want to stay on teh side. teh same pressure is on teh rope, and teh stick taps teh belly. I move. over and over. I still don't like teh rope- I has pull back tendencies. She says it is high time to learn to porcupine to pressure on teh head and soon it starts happening taht if my partner clucks and I don't move to teh trailer, teh rope starts to get a little tense. If I pull back, teh rope is suddnely strong as heck and I can't pull back! I has to stop, tehn step forwards. Teh rope is loose again. Teh rope is stronger tahn me- what teh heck? Tehn she asks again, and sumetimes has to remind me wiht teh tap on teh belly. She says its not teh normal way of doin' tihs loading stuff, but we have to be different to change teh way we normally react to tihngs.

Over and over again, I suddnely has no wanting to run very far backwards.She asks for forward on teh rope, and if i don't give, teh stick comes out to do teh annoying tap tap tap.

Teh weird part is taht my partner is IN teh trailer, and I am not. She says we are gonna do tihs together. And soon i figure out taht if I go into teh trailer when she clucks tehn no rope pulls and no sticks...and I gets a treat if i stay long enough! over and over and over. She says it doesn't matter if it takes 2 million tries.

Teh backing out part is trouble- i just has to run out fast- who knows wehn teh door closes? My partner doesn't buy it. In and out, over and over again. Soon I stays in teh trailer for lots of time, and she begins asking me to take a step forward in teh trailer! OMG! But i soon do it. and when i fly out, she asks me to come right back in- she says I has to learn to give to pressure on my head when she asks- and she will do nothing to hurt me. And about a million loads later, I can take a step forward and back in teh trailer, and i can back out halfway and go right back in with a cluck of teh tongue.

She says taht is teh right stuff, goe Ernies!!! And tehn we're done.

I dun't knowe waht tu tihnk of all tihs just yet. But she says we're doin' tihs every day tihs week. I dun't knowe why cuz teh trailer never takes me anywhere. Its weird- but teh treats are good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

restoration42 said...

Ernie, how are you these days? Hope your life is full of good speed and better hay!

red horse

restoration42 said...

Whatever happened to Ernie?
7-16-09