Friday, August 24, 2007

Ernie With A Saddle, Second Edition

Hai everyone!

Todays we returned to teh circus pen. My partner tells me its called a roundpen too. Ok, its round...I buy it.

I knowes right away what to do. My partner says "out" and out I goes. We warm up at teh walk. I remembers to stretch my neck down- I has this covered now. My partner says "ta-rot!" and I do teh trot. When I goes faster I forget to keep teh circle big, so my partner reminds me with teh "out" word- this way works good for us.

I tried on a treeless saddle todays during the whole time I was in teh pen. Its called a "fhoenix." But it doesn't look like a bird or teh city in Aridzona. It has soft and squishy. Underneath it I has a sheepskin fluffy pad with shims in there to help teh saddle stay away from my withers. I like all this about teh fhoenix.

At teh end of teh circus practice, my partner and I practiced standing next to teh big block she uses to get in teh saddle. I never seen her has so much talls, so it was weird at first. But I got used to it. We practiced on teh right and teh left.

And then, she tried to get on me but forgot a couple necessary things for riding. #1 Stirrups. Teh mounting block is too short to get on without stirrups of some kind. #2 Teh knowledge of how to mount. Last time I checked teh human has to swing teh leg over to my ohter side...my partner just leaned over me and sort of hung there. I thought this situation has weirdness all over it so I just stood there, sort of hoping she wasn't expecting me to move with her up there like that.

Next time she should really plan better. If yus want to rides, bring teh stirrups. Oh yea, yu forgots teh reins too.

No comments: